View of the City of Bristol
- ca. 1831
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with gray chine collé
- 10 3/4 x 11 7/16 inches (27.3 x 29 cm), 7 15/16 x 9 5/8 inches (20.1 x 24.5 cm), and 5 3/16 x 7 5/16 inches (13.2 x 18.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "20 914"
Lettered, lower left: 'T. L. Rowbotham delt."; lower center: "VIEW OF THE CITY OF BRISTOL | (description of the Bristol riots and the depicted scene over six lines) | Published by Davey and Muskett, Booksellers Broad St. Bristol, and sold by Charles Tilt, Fleet St. London, & all other Booksellers. | Day & Haghe Lithrs. to the King, 17 Gate St. London."; lower right: "Drawn on Stone by L. Haghe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bridges (built works) | buildings | city | correctional institution | crowds | dark | docks | evening | fire | flames | gates | houses | mobs | night | offices | people | prisons | protesting | riots | river | ships | smoke | trees | warehouses
- Associated Places:
- Avon | Bristol | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Louis Haghe, 1806–1885, British, View of the City of Bristol, ca. 1831