- Icebergs and Aurora Borealis in the Arctic Regions
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Icebergs and Aurora Borealis in the Arctic Regions."; inscribed on verso, lower center: "Icebergs & Auraborealis | in the Arctic regions"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Icebergs and Aurora Borealis in the Arctic Regions, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.