- Petoowack Arctic Highlands Formation
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 16 1/8 inches (32.7 × 41 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Petoowack artic Highlands formation | of an Iceberg 1000 feet high."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Petoowack Arctic Highlands Formation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.