Snow Village of Inuit visited by Captain Lyons
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1821
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 16 1/8 inches (32.7 × 41 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Snow village of Esquimaux visited by Captain Lyons."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canoes | dogs (animals) | igloos | Inuit | ladders | landscape | snow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Snow Village of Inuit visited by Captain Lyons, ca. 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.