The Exeter Cat and Plymouth Mouse
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 11 13/16 x 17 3/16 inches (30 x 43.6 cm) and 8 11/16 x 14 3/16 inches (22 x 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8.00"; lower right: "3 (circled)"
Marked with imprint, lower left: "THOS McLE N"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 294"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket Jan1st 1834"; lower center: "THE EXETER CAT and PLYMOUTH MOUSE"; lower right: "A Ducotes Lithgy 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | bishops | boxes | cat | clergy | Exeter | freedom | genre subject | illustration | mouse | parody | Plymouth | political | politicians | satire | satirical | sketches | town
- Associated People:
- Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Exeter Cat and Plymouth Mouse, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.