- Major Peel Sitting and Smoking
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (29.2 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "high light"; upper center: "blue shadow | cast by nose"; center: "high light"; center right: "redder | all one color | light reflected"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Sir Alfred Munnings
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horse (animal) | portrait | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Alfred J. Munnings, 1878–1959, British, Major Peel Sitting and Smoking, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.