IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Alfred J. Munnings, 1878–1959, British, Major Peel Sitting and Smoking, 1919
Major Peel Sitting and Smoking
- Former Title(s):
The 'Poethlyn' Sketchbook
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketches of a Jockey on a Horse
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (29.2 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "high light"; upper center: "blue shadow | cast by nose"; center: "high light"; center right: "redder | all one color | light reflected"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Sir Alfred Munnings
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horse (animal) | portrait | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.