Robin Hood and Friar Tuck, with a Slight Alteration in the Dramatis Personae
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 17 1/2 inches (30.1 x 44.4 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 x 13 11/16 inches (23.7 x 34.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3 (circled)"; lower center: "O Connell & Lord John Russell"; lower right: "8.00"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 388"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T McLean, 26 Haymarket 14 April 1835"; lower center: "ROBIN HOOD AND FRIAR TUCK. | With a slight alteration in the Dramatis Personae"; lower right: "Ducote & Stephen's Lithography 70 st Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt | boots | caricature | crossing | feather | folklore | friar | hat | historical subject | parody | political | politicians | river | satire | satirical | sketches | story | tights
- Associated People:
- O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Robin Hood and Friar Tuck, with a Slight Alteration in the Dramatis Personae, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.