Trois Dogs: a Graphic Tale, with a Moral... for Those Who Can Find It Out!
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 12 x 17 7/16 inches (30.5 x 44.3 cm) and 9 3/4 x 13 11/16 inches (24.7 x 34.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lord Durham and Lord [...]"; lower right: "3 (circled) 8.00"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches no 349"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket Novr 24th 1834"; lower center: "TROIS DOGS, | A Graphic Tale, with a Moral, for those who can find it out!"; lower right: "Ducote and Stephen's Lithogy 70 St Marins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bone | dogs (animals) | faces | fighting | genre subject | hat | man | obese | parable | political | politicians | satire | satirical | sketches | wig
- Associated People:
- Lambton, John George, 1st Earl of Durham (1792-1840), MP, Ambassador to Russia, Governor-General of Canada
John Bull, fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism
Peter, Henry, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778–1868), politician/statesman
Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Trois Dogs: a Graphic Tale, with a Moral... for Those Who Can Find It Out!, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.