IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Hargreaves, 1774–1847, British, Recto: Gentleman in a Blue Jacket, ca. 1800
Recto: Gentleman in a Blue Jacket
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: A Lock of Hair
- ca. 1800
- Watercolor, gouache and gum arabic on ivory in rose gold locket containing a lock of hair, gathered with three pearls
- Image: 2 5/8 × 2 1/8 inches (6.7 × 5.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ann and Kenneth Rapoport
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blue | man | portrait
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.