This is NOT the Baron of Oakland, in the Opera of the Haunted Tower
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (40.4 x 29.8 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 x 10 1/16 inches (31.4 x 25.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8.00"; lower right: "6 (circled)"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches 138"; center right under robe: "TF"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower center: "This is not (underlined) | The BARON of OAKLAND, | in the Opera of the Haunted Tower."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ballad | baron | caricature | dancing | historical subject | opera | parody | play | political | politician | portrait | robes | satire | sketches | stage | The Haunted Tower (1789), ballad opera | theater | wig
- Associated People:
- Peter, Henry, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778–1868), politician/statesman
Baron of Oakland (character in The Haunted Tower, 1789)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, This is NOT the Baron of Oakland, in the Opera of the Haunted Tower, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.