- Lithograph with hand coloring in watercolor and touches of gum arabic on medium, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 21 9/16 × 14 1/2 inches (54.8 × 36.8 cm)
Lettered within plate, lower left: "J. Gould, and H.C. Richter, del. et. lith."; lower center: "LOPHORNIS CHALYBEUS."; lower right: "Hullmandel & Walton, Imp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | botanical subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Gould, 1804–1881, British, Lophornis Chalybeus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.