- Little Red-Riding Hood's Meeting with the Wolf
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 x 11 15/16 inches (44.7 x 30.4 cm) and Image: 12 1/8 x 9 9/16 inches (30.8 x 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lord John Ru[...] O'Connell"; lower right: "3 (circled)"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 385"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket April 3rd 1835"; lower center: "LITTLE RED-RIDING HOOD'S MEETING WITH THE WOLF."; lower right: "Ducote and Stephen's Lithogy 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | cape | church | cloak | fables | fairy tales | genre subject | government | humor | Irish | legislation | men | parody | political | politicians | politics | satire | sketches | top hat | wolf
- Associated People:
- Little Red Riding Hood
O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Little Red-Riding Hood's Meeting with the Wolf, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.