IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Little Red-Riding Hood's Meeting with the Wolf, 1835
Little Red-Riding Hood's Meeting with the Wolf
- Part Of:
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 x 11 15/16 inches (44.7 x 30.4 cm), Image: 12 1/8 x 9 9/16 inches (30.8 x 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Lord John Ru[...] O'Connell"; lower right: "3 (circled)"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 385"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket April 3rd 1835"; lower center: "LITTLE RED-RIDING HOOD'S MEETING WITH THE WOLF."; lower right: "Ducote and Stephen's Lithogy 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Brian and Linda Gracie
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | cape | church | cloak | fables | fairy tales | genre subject | government | humor | Irish | legislation | men | parody | political | politicians | politics | satire | sketches | top hat | wolf
- Associated People:
- Little Red Riding Hood
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.