IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Charles Rolls, 1800–active 1830, British, The Wayside in Italy, ca. 1883
The Wayside in Italy
- ca. 1883
- Etching, line engraving, and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 10 7/8 inches (38.1 × 27.7 cm), Image: 10 1/16 × 7 13/16 inches (25.5 × 19.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: ".25"
Lettered below image, lower left: "P. Williams. Pinxt."; lower center: "The Wayside in Italy. | D. Appleton & Co. New York."; lower right: "C.Rolls. Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.