- Propagation of a Lie (Left)
- Stipple engraving with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper (printed on three plates joined together, now detached)
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 23 13/16 inches (30 × 60.5 cm)
Lettered within image, above figures, upper left: "Tis true. | Tis pity." ; center: "As tender as possible. | Don't mention it."; upper right: "Poo, Poo. | God zounds hold- | your tounge. | Ha, Ha"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of William S. Konecky
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Propagation of a Lie (Left), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.