- Propagation of a Lie (Right)
- Stipple engraving with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper (printed on three plates joined together, now detached)
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 21 7/8 inches (29.5 × 55.5 cm)
Lettered within image, above each figure, upper left: "I thought so. | The Devil !"; center: "No sure."; upper right: "Depend upon it. | O Lord! O Lord!"; below image, lower right: "W Dickinson Excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of William S. Konecky
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Dickinson, 1746–1823, British, Propagation of a Lie (Right), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.