A Map of the Farm in Mr. Briten's Use
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on vellum
- Sheet: 15 × 22 1/2 inches (38.1 × 57.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "N 25. Charted line in Ssall land was | drawn by mistake"
Watermark on laid coversheet: Fleur-de-lis | "WR"
Extensive lettering throughout, beginning with: "A Map of the Farm in Mr. Briten's Use | Mr. Srott's Land"; lettered inside image in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Scale | of aighty | Perches | or two ffurlongs"; lower right: "THE TABLE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | house | surveys
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Johnson, 1754–1835, British, A Map of the Farm in Mr. Briten's Use, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.