A Map of Redenhall Farm or Clyntegate Farm
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on vellum
- Sheet: 15 × 22 1/2 inches (38.1 × 57.2 cm)
Extensively lettered in pen and brown ink, beginning upper center: "A MAP OF REDENHALL FARM | OR CLYNTEGATE FARM"; lower left: "A | Scale | of eighty | Perches | or two | Furlongs"; lower right: "THE TABLE" followed by survey totals; lower center: "Explanations to this, & the subsequent maps. The Technography of the houses is coloured with red. The outside Fences which belong | to the Estates are coloured with yellow on the outside, & within with green. Cart roads are | decrib'd by two, & foot paths by one, black prickt line: Procefsion ways by a whole, & rid- | ing ways by a prickt red line. Oak trees are colour'd with green, ash with yellow. | Ditches are coloured with blue. And gateways are reprefented by a break in the line."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | house | surveys
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Johnson, 1754–1835, British, A Map of Redenhall Farm or Clyntegate Farm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.