IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lionel Percy Smythe, 1839–1918, British, A Hero of Our Century, 1874
A Hero of Our Century
- Former Title(s):
Fancy Dress Ball
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (23.5 × 17.1 cm)
Signed and dated in brown watercolor, lower left: "L Smyth | 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceremony | drawing room | figures | gowns | medal | sailors
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.