- Rest: Aldenham Church
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 × 1 3/4 inches (41.9 × 4.4 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Hubert Herkomer | Nov. 14th 1876"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | genre subject | graves | graveyard
- Associated Places:
- Aldenham | England | Europe | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, p. 4, V 2811
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Hubert von Herkomer, 1849–1914, British, Rest: Aldenham Church, 1876
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.