IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Sir Hubert von Herkomer, 1849–1914, British, Self Portrait, 1879
- Additional Title(s):
Selt-portrait with portraits of Siegfried and Elsa Herkomer
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 × 12 1/2 inches (43.4 × 31.8 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 × 8 inches (35.2 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "21"
"Hubert Herkomer A..R.A.. | And His Children"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Herkomer, Sir Hubert von (1849–1914), painter and illustrator
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, Victorian Idyll, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, p. 25, V 2811 [ORBIS]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.