Landscape of Dayboro, Queensland
- Watercolor on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Frame: 16 9/16 × 18 1/2 inches (42 × 47 cm), Sheet: 9 1/4 × 14 1/8 inches (23.5 × 35.9 cm), and Mount: 14 1/4 × 16 1/4 inches (36.2 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Dayboro. Qla."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "H. C. Simpson . 1947."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Dr. Lee MacCormick Edwards Collection, Gift of Alison Edwards Curwen
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountain | path | trees
- Associated Places:
- Australia | Dayboro | Oceania | Queensland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Herbert Clarke Simpson, 1879–1966, Australian, Landscape of Dayboro, Queensland, 1947
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.