- The Book of Thel, Plate 4, "Why should the mistress . . . ."
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 9 1/2 inches (30.5 x 24.1 cm) and Plate: 6 x 4 1/4 inches (15.2 x 10.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flowers (plants) | gowns | leaf | literary theme | plants | text | trees | vines | willows | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 69, PR4142 .S35 2013
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Book of Thel, Plate 4, "Why should the mistress . . . .", 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.