How a Great Daily Organ is Turned Out
- Part Of:
- Composite of twenty mixed intaglio plate (various sizes): lift-ground aquatint, photogravure, drypoint, hard and soft-ground etching, burin, stipple, mezzotint, line engraving and roulette on medium, smooth, cream Hahnemuhle wove paper
- Sheet: 29 15/16 × 22 1/16 inches (76 × 56 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "82/120"
Lettered with plate, center left: "The House of Keys | Tea | WIne and Spirit Merchant | change | to 24pt centre takeover | Alexander Keyes"; lower right: "The Freeman's Journal | And | Natioinal Press | Ireland A Nation | Dublin: Thursday, June 16, 1904."; lower left: "Papli"
Signed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "R Hamilton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund and Gift of Mr. and Mrs. James Duncan, Yale BA 1975
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Hamilton, 1922–2011, British, How a Great Daily Organ is Turned Out, 1990
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.