How a Great Daily Organ is Turned Out
- Part Of:
- Composite of twenty mixed intaglio plate (various sizes): lift-ground aquatint, photogravure, drypoint, hard and soft-ground etching, burin, stipple, mezzotint, line engraving and roulette on medium, smooth, cream Hahnemuhle wove paper
- Sheet: 29 15/16 × 22 1/16 inches (76 × 56 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "82/120"
Lettered with plate, center left: "The House of Keys | Tea | WIne and Spirit Merchant | change | to 24pt centre takeover | Alexander Keyes"; lower right: "The Freeman's Journal | And | Natioinal Press | Ireland A Nation | Dublin: Thursday, June 16, 1904."; lower left: "Papli"
Signed in graphite, below plate, lower right: "R Hamilton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund and Gift of Mr. and Mrs. James Duncan, Yale BA 1975
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | portrait
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Hamilton, 1922–2011, British, How a Great Daily Organ is Turned Out, 1990