IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century (Agra School), Taj Mahal, 1857
- Watercolor on ivory
- Overall: 2 × 2 1/2 × 1/4 inches (5.1 × 6.4 × 0.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink: "W.R.M. | Tag Magal | Agra | 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin Filler in memory of Paul Mellon, Yale College, Class of 1929
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basin | garden | mausoleum
- Associated Places:
- India | Taj Mahal | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Martina Droth, Britain in the world: Highlights from the Yale Center for British Art in honor of Amy Meyers, Yale University Press, New Haven, London, p. 132, p. 133 (detail), N6761 .Y33 2019 (LC) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.