- Taj Mahal
- Watercolor on ivory
- Overall: 2 × 2 1/2 × 1/4 inches (5.1 × 6.4 × 0.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in black ink: "W.R.M. | Tag Magal | Agra | 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin Filler in memory of Paul Mellon, Yale College, Class of 1929
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basin | garden | mausoleum
- Associated Places:
- India | Taj Mahal | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Martina Droth, Britain in the world: Highlights from the Yale Center for British Art in honor of Amy Meyers, Yale University Press, New Haven, London, p. 132, p. 133 (detail), N6761 .Y33 2019 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century (Agra School), Taj Mahal, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.