Study for a Destroying Deity
- 1820 to 1825
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, light gray, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 3/4 × 24 inches (45.1 × 61 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with black ink, verso, center: "This figure is a variant of the last | plate of the book of Urizen, which | was published in 1793 - T.E.L."
Collector's mark, lower left in black ink
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- destroying | man | throne
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Study for a Destroying Deity, 1820 to 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.