IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Lago Maggiore and the Borromean Islands, ca. 1776
Lago Maggiore and the Borromean Islands
- ca. 1776
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 21 3/8 inches (16.5 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Glacier St. Plomb | Isola Bella"; upper center: "Lago Maggiore"; upper right: "Isola Madre | St. Bernard Glacier | Isola St. Giovanni | Montagne di Lavino"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- glaciers | gulf | hills | islands | lake | landscape | mountains | sailboats | towns
- Associated Places:
- Borromean Gulf | Borromean Islands | Europe | Isola Bella | Isola Madre | Isolino di San Giovanni | Italy | Lago Maggiore | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.