Lago Maggiore and the Borromean Islands
- ca. 1776
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 21 3/8 inches (16.5 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Glacier St. Plomb | Isola Bella"; upper center: "Lago Maggiore"; upper right: "Isola Madre | St. Bernard Glacier | Isola St. Giovanni | Montagne di Lavino"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- glaciers | gulf | hills | islands | lake | landscape | mountains | sailboats | towns
- Associated Places:
- Borromean Gulf | Borromean Islands | Europe | Isola Bella | Isola Madre | Isolino di San Giovanni | Italy | Lago Maggiore | Switzerland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Lago Maggiore and the Borromean Islands, ca. 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.