- Cecil Beaton
- taken 1960, printed 1993
- Gelatin silver print on semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 × 16 inches (50.5 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 18 5/8 × 16 inches (47.3 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Cecil Beaton '93"; in black ink, lower left: "Lewis Morley '93"; lower right: "Cecil Beaton | Photo Lewis Morley - Printed by Lewis Morley"
Blind embossed studio mark: "Lewis Morley"; Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"
Signed in silver ink, lower left: "Morley"; signed in black ink, lower right: "Morley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | profile | silhouette | top hat | umbrella | window
- Associated People:
- Beaton, Sir Cecil Walter Hardy (1904–1980), photographer and designer for screen and theatre
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, Cecil Beaton, taken 1960, printed 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.