Study of Cattle and Donkeys
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 12 3/8 inches (17.5 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, center right:" - warm brownish red/ - greyish/ - white/ -light"
watermarks: similar to Heawood 217 (Britannia)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | burro | cattle | cows | donkey | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Study of Cattle and Donkeys, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.