The Fringe Boys, Brighton Pier
- Additional Title(s):
Alan Bennett, Peter Cook, Jonathan Miller, and Dudley Moore
- Gelatin silver print on semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 10 × 8 inches (25.4 × 20.3 cm) and Image: 8 1/4 × 7 1/8 inches (21 × 18.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in green ink, lower left: "Please Return"; lower right: "The Fringe Boys. | Brighton Pier | 1961 | Bennett / Cook / Moore / Miller"
Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"
Signed on verso in black ink, lower right: "Morley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | pier | portrait | theater
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Cook, Peter (1937–1995), humorist and entertainer
Miller, Jonathan Wolfe (born 1934), stage director and author
Bennett, Alan (born 1934), playwright, screenwriter, actor, and author
Moore, Dudley Stuart John (1935–2002), actor, musician, and composer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, The Fringe Boys, Brighton Pier, 1961
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.