Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Studies of facial features of a horse, undated
Studies of facial features of a horse
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 4 1/4 inches (9.2 × 10.8 cm) and Mount: 5 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (13.3 × 14.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal) | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.