Horse Led by a Man, Being Attached by Another Man
- Additional Title(s):
Horse led by a man, being attacked by another man
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 7 1/4 inches (11.1 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, verso, upper left: "Cipriani | [illegible] | [illegible] ony Pam | Mr. Hedges"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | attack | horse (animal) | men | military art | war
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Horse Led by a Man, Being Attached by Another Man, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.