London Underground, Richmond District Line
- late 1959
- Gelatin silver print on resin-coated photographic paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm) and Image: 6 × 9 inches (15.2 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left to lower right: "London Underground Richmond District Lone. Late 50s"; inscribed on verso in black ink, center left: "BK8"; center: "MB | SH 15"
Attached label, verso: "Photographed & Printed by | Lewis Morley | Copyright"
Signed in black ink, lower right: "Morley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Dr. J. Patrick and Patricia Kennedy
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | men | newspapers | poles | Public transportation | subway | transportation | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Morley, 1925–2013, British, London Underground, Richmond District Line, late 1959
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.