IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Hunters approaching a lion being held at bay by hounds, undated
Hunters approaching a lion being held at bay by hounds
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, rough laid paper mounted to card
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 16 3/8 inches (24.4 × 41.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dogs (animals) | hunters | hunting | lions | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.