IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Roger Furse, 1903–1972, British, Sketch for Costume Design of Portia in Merchant of Venice, ca. 1952
Sketch for Costume Design of Portia in Merchant of Venice
- Additional Title(s):
Miss Irene Worth
- ca. 1952
- Graphite and pastel on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Frame: 23 1/16 × 15 3/4 × 1 1/8 inches (58.6 × 40 × 2.9 cm), Sheet: 22 × 14 7/8 inches (55.9 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Portia | Miss Irene Worth"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Furse"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gregory F.W. Todd, Yale BA 1976, in memory of Joan Castle Sitwell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | costume | dress | literary theme | play | portrait
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.