- Sketch for Costume Design of Portia in Merchant of Venice
- ca. 1952
- Graphite and pastel on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Frame: 23 1/16 × 15 3/4 × 1 1/8 inches (58.6 × 40 × 2.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Portia | Miss Irene Worth"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Furse"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gregory F.W. Todd, Yale BA 1976, in memory of Joan Castle Sitwell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | costume | dress | literary theme | play | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Roger Furse, 1903–1972, British, Sketch for Costume Design of Portia in Merchant of Venice, ca. 1952
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.