- The Last Effort and Fall of Tippoo Sultaun
- Stipple engraving and etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/8 × 25 5/8 inches (56.2 × 65.1 cm) and Mount: 25 3/4 × 30 3/4 inches (65.4 × 78.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "21 217 | 4Bl"; lower left: "1058"; lower right: "1058"
Lettered below image: "Painted by H.Singleton | London Published Augt. 15 1802 by Messrs. Schiavonetti No.12 Michels Place Brompton, and by Anthy. Cardon No.31 Clipstone Street Fitzroy Square | Engraved by N.Schiavonetti Junr."; below image, lower left: "The Last Effort and Fall of Tippoo Sultaun."; lower right: "Dernier Effort et Mort du Sultan Tippoo."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bayonets | historical subject | rifles | soldiers | swords
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Niccoló Schiavonetti, 1771–1813, Italian, The Last Effort and Fall of Tippoo Sultaun, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.