Charles Marquis Cornwallis Receiving the two Sons of Tippoo Sultaun as Hostages from the Vakeel
- Color-printed mezzotint with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 22 1/2 × 26 inches (57.2 × 66 cm)
Lettered below image: "Painted by Henry Singleton. | Publish'd August 15th 1793 by J.Grozer, No.8 Castle Street Leicester Square London. | Engraved by Joseph Grozer"; lower center: "The Right Honble. Charles Marquis Cornwallis receiving the two Sons of Tippoo Sultaun as Hostages from the Vakeel. | This Morning they were the Sons of the Sultaun my Master they now look up to your Lordship as their Father"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canopy | children | historical subject | soldiers | swords | uniform
- View by request in the Study Room
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Grozer, ca. 1755–1798, British, Charles Marquis Cornwallis Receiving the two Sons of Tippoo Sultaun as Hostages from the Vakeel, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.