IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Country landscape with cattle crossing a stream, undated
Country landscape with cattle crossing a stream
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: study of cattle
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 8 3/4 inches (17.8 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand and in graphite, verso, lower center: "water"; lower left: "Thom"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | crossing | landscape | stream
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.