Country landscape with cattle crossing a stream
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: study of cattle
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 8 3/4 inches (17.8 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand and in graphite, verso, lower center: "water"; lower left: "Thom"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | crossing | landscape | stream
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sawrey Gilpin, 1733–1807, British, Country landscape with cattle crossing a stream, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.