- Study of Elizabeth Forbes
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Frame: 20 1/4 × 16 × 1 5/8 inches (51.4 × 40.6 × 4.1 cm) and Sheet: 12 1/4 × 8 1/2 inches (31.1 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "39"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "A. Skirving"; dated in graphite, lower left: "28 May, 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson Ltd.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | girl | portrait | shawl
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Archibald Skirving, 1749–1819, British, Study of Elizabeth Forbes, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.