Study of Elizabeth Forbes
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Frame: 20 1/4 × 16 × 1 5/8 inches (51.4 × 40.6 × 4.1 cm) and Sheet: 12 1/4 × 8 1/2 inches (31.1 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "39"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "A. Skirving"; dated in graphite, lower left: "28 May, 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson Ltd.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | girl | portrait | shawl
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Archibald Skirving, 1749–1819, British, Study of Elizabeth Forbes, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.