The Heart of the Empire
- Additional Title(s):
A View of London from the Tower of the Royal Exchange at the Accession of His Majesty King Edward the Seventh
- Photogravure (artist's proof) on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 29 3/8 × 36 inches (74.6 × 91.4 cm), Plate: 26 1/4 × 31 3/4 inches (66.7 × 80.6 cm), Chine collé: 25 1/2 × 31 inches (64.8 × 78.7 cm), and Image: 20 3/4 × 27 7/8 inches (52.7 × 70.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "F"; lower left: "AP 175 | 950 (encircled)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "D2146"; lower right: "41341"
Blind stamp: "AYO | Printsellers Association"
Lettered above image, upper right: "Copyright 1905 by Manzi, Joyant & Co. Publishers, successors to Goupil & Co. Paris, London, New York & Berlin - Printed in Paris"; inside image, lower left: "Niels M Lund"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Niels M Lund"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriages | cityscape | flags | spires
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St Paul's Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Niels Moller Lund, 1863–1916, Danish, The Heart of the Empire, 1905
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.