IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Reginald Aston, 1832–1908, British, Near Bossiney, Cornwall, 1906
Near Bossiney, Cornwall
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Frame: 17 × 28 1/2 × 3/4 inches (43.2 × 72.4 × 1.9 cm), Sheet: 10 × 21 1/2 inches (25.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount: "C.R.Aston, RJ | to his neice Katie Harmus July 1906"; on mount, lower right: "Near Bossiney, [Tutigel?] Cornwall"
Signed in red gouache, lower right: "C.R. Aston"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Robert and Pauline Knoll
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | sea | wheat | workers
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.