- The Assault and Taking of Seringapatam
- Stipple engraving and etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/8 × 25 5/8 inches (56.2 × 65.1 cm) and Mount: 25 3/4 × 30 3/4 inches (65.4 × 78.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "21 217 | 4Bl"; lower left: "1506"; lower right: "1506"
Lettered below image: "Painted by H.Singleton. | London, Published Octr. 15, 1801, buy Anthy. Cardon, No.31 Clipstone Street, Fitzroy Square and by Messrs. Schiavonetti, No. 12, Michael Place, Brompton | Engraved by Anthy. Cardon"; lower left: "The Assault and Taking of Seringapatam | on the 4th of May 1799."; lower right: "L'Assaut et la Prise de Seringapatam le 4 de Mai 1799"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bayonets | flags | historical subject | rifles | soldiers | spears | swords | warfare
- Associated Places:
- India | Seringapatam
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anthony Cardon, 1772–1813, Flemish, The Assault and Taking of Seringapatam, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.