- The Body of Tippoo Sultan Recognised by his Family
- Stipple engraving and etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/8 × 25 5/8 inches (56.2 × 65.1 cm) and Mount: 25 3/4 × 30 3/4 inches (65.4 × 78.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, upper right: "2i 217 | 4Bl"; lower left: "1507"; lower right: "1507"
Lettered below image: "Painted by R.K.Porter | London, Published Octr. 15th 1801 by Messrs. Schiavonetti No.12 Michaels Place Brompton, and by Anthy Cardon No.31 Clipstone Street Fitzroy Square | Engraved by L.Schiavonetti,VA"; lower left: "The Body of Tippoo Sultaun recognised by his Family"; lower right: "Le Corps du Sultan Tippoo reconnu par sa Famille"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | body | historical subject | swords
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Body of Tippoo Sultan Recognised by his Family, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.