IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Golding, 1929–2012, British, Untitled (Orvieto), 1958
- Additional Title(s):
Study after Signorelli Fresco in San Brizio Chapel, The Damned Cast into Hell
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 15 3/8 inches (52 × 39 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "(Orvieto)"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Golding | 59"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of the John Golding Artistic Trust, 2017
- Copyright Status:
- © Yale Center for British Art
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- black ink | figure study | figures (representations) | pens
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
John Golding, John Golding, London : Ridinghouse, 2017, p. 202, NJ18 G5335 +A12 2017 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Duncan Robinson, John Golding : From the Artist's Estate, New Haven, 2017, p. 24, V2725 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.