Painswick Churchyard, Sketchbook Study No.2
- Additional Title(s):
Circular Tomb of John Gardiner, Church of St. Mary, Painswick
Verso: Sketch of Thistles
- ca. 1947
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 × 16 inches (45.4 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "darker stone | omit"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "light spine"
Lettered inside image in graphite, upper center: "UNDER WRITTEN | WHOSE REMAIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | grave | memorial | monument | tombstone
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Painswick Churchyard, Sketchbook Study No.2, ca. 1947
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.