Design for a Blind for Thomas Upcher, Sheringham Hall
- ca. 1936
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and watercolor, squared for transfer on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 8 5/8 inches (38.1 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "D"; in green ink, lower left: "Blind | for | T. Upcher | Sheringham"; in graphite, lower left: "Scale 1" = 6" "
Stamped in green ink: "Eliot Hodgkin | 106 Ebury St. S.W.1."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balloons | flowers | hill | landscape | plants | sea
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Design for a Blind for Thomas Upcher, Sheringham Hall, ca. 1936
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.