Mural Design for Sir Edmund Vestey
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 29 3/4 inches (27.9 × 75.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, upper right: "23 Jubilee Place, SW3"; in graphite, upper left to upper right: "Section [numbered 1 t0 9]"; upper right: "A darker"; upper right: "Scale 1/2 inch = 1 foot | rought drawing of entire | wall."; in green ink, center left: "Mural Painting for Sir Edmund Vestey"; in graphite, lower left: "Design no. 3"; lower right: "Scale 1 inch = 1 foot | Colored sketch of | part of wall."
Signed in blue ink, upper right: "E Hodgkin", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coral | fish | seaweed
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Mural Design for Sir Edmund Vestey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.