Mural Design for Sir Patrick Hastings
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 × 12 7/8 inches (42.5 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "<Design for | Sir Patrick | Hastings>"; center right: "6"; in blue ink, lower left: "Place"; in green ink, lower center: "Mural Painting for Sir Patrick Hastings 1934"; inscribed on verso in black ink, upper left: "original sketch for no. 1"; in green ink, upper right: "1934"; in graphite, center: "landscpae & Garden | 2/6 | Summer 1934"; center right to lower right: "black | 1 color | on | colored gro<....> | July"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Brian Sewell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ferns | flowers | seashell
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eliot Hodgkin, 1905–1987, British, Mural Design for Sir Patrick Hastings, 1934
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.