- A Tropical Jungle
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 4 3/8 inches (15.6 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Redleaf"; lower center: "A Tropical Jungle."
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "E.W.Cooke | June 1849"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin Filler, in memory of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bamboo | banana | botanical subject | canes | climbers | date palm | ferns | jungle | landscape | lilies | orchids | palm trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward William Cooke, 1811–1880, British, A Tropical Jungle, 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.