Magnae Britanniae et Hiberniae Tabula
- Line engraving; verso: Letterpress on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 × 23 1/4 inches (50.5 × 59.1 cm) and Plate: 15 3/8 × 19 3/4 inches (39.1 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "500"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "No 949 | 500"; lower right: "Blaeu 1649"
Lettered upper left: "Oceanus Deucaledonius | MAGNAE | BRITANNIAE | et | HIBERNIAE | TABVLA"; upper right: "Orcades | Insulae"; center right: "OCEANVS | GERMANICVS | De Noordt | Zee"; lower right: AMSTELODAMI, | Guiljelmus Blaeuw excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Helen Chillman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartographic material | map
- Associated Places:
- Great Britain | Ireland
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Willem Janszoon Blaeu, 1571 - 1638, Magnae Britanniae et Hiberniae Tabula, 1634
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.