Magnae Britanniae et Hiberniae Tabula
- Line engraving; verso: Letterpress on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 × 23 1/4 inches (50.5 × 59.1 cm) and Plate: 15 3/8 × 19 3/4 inches (39.1 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "500"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "No 949 | 500"; lower right: "Blaeu 1649"
Lettered upper left: "Oceanus Deucaledonius | MAGNAE | BRITANNIAE | et | HIBERNIAE | TABVLA"; upper right: "Orcades | Insulae"; center right: "OCEANVS | GERMANICVS | De Noordt | Zee"; lower right: AMSTELODAMI, | Guiljelmus Blaeuw excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Helen Chillman
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartographic material | map
- Associated Places:
- Great Britain | Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Willem Janszoon Blaeu, 1571 - 1638, Magnae Britanniae et Hiberniae Tabula, 1634
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.