IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, Peacocks in the Wood, undated
Peacocks in the Wood
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 10 3/4 inches (40.1 x 27.3 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches (20 x 14.9 cm), Image: 7 13/16 x 5 13/16 inches (19.9 x 14.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "W"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Donald and Willi Holden
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | garden | genre subject | leisure | men | park (grounds) | peacocks (birds) | walking | women | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.